Most student visas allow you to bring your family members to Australia as your dependants if you are:
- eligible for streamlined visa processing
- assessment level 1 or 2
- assessment level 3 or 4 and your course is longer than 12 months or you have been in Australia for 12 months or more.
Your assessment level is determined by your course of study and your nationality.
See: Student Visa Program - Assessment Levels (formerly known as Form 1219i) ( 73KB PDF file)
Eligible family members
Eligible family members include your partner and you and your partner's dependent children.
See: Student Definitions
How can your family members come to Australia?
Your family members can apply to come with you to Australia in the following ways:
- They can apply to join you in Australia as your dependants.
See: How to apply for dependent family members to join you
- They can apply for a Student Guardian visa.
See: Student Guardians
- If they plan to study in Australia, they can apply for a student visa in their own right.
See: Student visa options