Business Development Sponsorship
The following State/Territory Sponsored Business visas are closed to new applications from 1 July 2012. Only eligible dependent applicants can be added to an existing provisional application that was lodged on or before 30 June 2012:
- State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner (provisional)(subclass 163)
- State/Territory Sponsored Senior Executive (provisional) (subclass 164)
- State/Territory Sponsored Investor (provisional) (subclass 165)
- Regional Established Business in Australia (REBA) (permanent) (subclass 846).
From 1 July 2012 a new Business visa program is available.
The following applies to you if you lodged a State/Territory Sponsored (provisional) visa application on or before 30 June 2012, or you are the holder of a State/Territory Sponsored (provisional) visa and you are applying for one of the following State/Territory Sponsored (permanent) visa:
- State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner (residence)(subclass 892)
- State/Territory Sponsored Investor (residence) (subclass 893).
If an Australian State or Territory government business agency wants to encourage a particular business or business person to Australia, it can offer to sponsor a visa applicant.
State and Territory governments have their own criteria for deciding whom they will sponsor. The State or Territory government business development agency can provide information on sponsorship.
If an applicant is sponsored by a State or Territory government, they must:
- submit form 949 with their application for the Business Skills visa;
- ensure they meet all visa criteria for grant of their sponsored Business Skills visa.
See: Form 949 State/Territory sponsorship: Business Skills class (145KB PDF file)
Concessional visa criteria apply to sponsored applicants. For information on visa requirements, please read the information about the visa category you are considering.
See: Visa Options for Business People
Use the following link to obtain contact details for State/Territory agencies that can help you with information about sponsorship, business and lifestyle in that State or Territory:
Use the following link to obtain contact details of all participating State/Territory Treasury Corporations offering Designated Investments:
Alternatively, you can use links listed below to access individual State/Territory agency websites: