Schools Sector visa (subclass 571)


This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study a full-time school course.​


You might be able to get this visa if you are:

  • enrolled as a student at secondary school
  • participating in a secondary school exchange program.

In some circumstances, you can apply if you are enrolled at a primary school.

A few more questions about you...

Each visa may have different conditions depending on your circumstances. Answer these questions to customise this page.

The information you see displayed on this website may have been customised according to information you have provided.
We need to know more information to help you. Please answer all of the questions.

Last reviewed Wednesday 9 April 2014

Was this page useful?

Success stories

Ollie holding his son

Watching Ololade Fasugba and his five-year-old boy Dare (pronounced dar-ee) cuddle for a photo, smiles as wide as Africa, it’s hard to believe the paediatric registrar at the Canberra Hospital (since 2011) was once so afraid of newborns, he swore he’d never work with kids.