About this visa
The Employer Nomination visa (subclasses 121 and 856) closed to new applications on 1 July 2012. You can add your partner or a dependent child to your application if it has not yet been decided.
The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) allowed Australian employers to sponsor employees who are foreign nationals for a permanent visa to work in Australia. The Employer Nomination visa (subclasses 121 and 856) visa is for applicants who were in Australia and lodged a visa application on or before 30 June 2012.
This visa allows you and your family to live and work in Australia on a permanent basis.
The visa application charges are listed in Fees and charges.
You could have to pay other costs, such as the costs of health assessments and police certificates, or any other certificates or tests. You are responsible for making the necessary arrangements.
This information is for people who have been granted an Employer Nomination visa (subclass 121). It explains your rights and obligations.
You can use Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) for free to check your visa details and entitlements.
What this visa lets you do
This is a permanent visa. It allows you and your family to:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses
- take out private health insurance
- access certain social security payments
- be able to get Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- sponsor eligible family members for permanent residence
- travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).
You and your family must comply with all visa conditions and Australian laws.
The employer must comply with all relevant Australian standards and workplace legislation for wages and working conditions.
Report changes in circumstances
Tell us if your circumstances change. This includes a new residential address, a new passport, or a pregnancy, birth or death in your family.
You can use the following forms:
- Form 929 Change of address and/or passport details (86 kB PDF) — if you move to a new address or change your passport
- Form 1022 Notification of changes in circumstances (77 kB PDF) — if there are other changes in your circumstances.