ImmiAccount is an online system that will let you create, submit, pay for and manage your online visa and Citizenship by Descent applications in one place. It also connects you to other online services managed by us, including My Health Declarations, Visa Finder, Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO), and the Pricing Estimator.
ImmiAccount accepts all online visa applications except for Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) applications. Citizenship by Descent is the only Citizenship application that can be submitted through ImmiAccount.
If you choose to use ImmiAccount, you will need to agree to our Terms and Conditions.
Anyone can access and create an ImmiAccount to submit and manage visa applications online. This includes any of the following:
- individual visa and Citizenship by Descent applicants (whether you are in Australia or outside of Australia)
- a family member acting on behalf of the applicant
- a friend of the applicant
- a person appointed by the applicant to assist with the application process
- a representative of the employer or potential employer of the applicant, including a sponsoring or nominating employer
- a representative of an organisation running an activity in which the applicant will participate during their visit
- authorised recipient.
Create an ImmiAccount (individuals)
Individuals need to create an ImmiAccount to:
Register for an ImmiAccount (organisations)
Organisations (including registered migration agents, education and tourist agents and sponsoring companies) need to register for an ImmiAccount to access the following services:
- Online Lodgement (including sponsorship, nomination and visa applications)
- Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO)
- Organisation Account Administration.
Online visa applications submitted before 6 December 2013
If you have submitted an online application before 6 December 2013, you will need to create an ImmiAccount to track and manage your application or add supporting documents to it. You will need to import existing online applications into your ImmiAccount.
'Finalised' applications cannot be imported into ImmiAccount.
If you do not remember your Transaction Reference Number (TRN) you can request for it to be sent through your ImmiAccount. If your application has a Saved ID with no TRN, you will need to restart your application using ImmiAccount. Please ensure you meet the relevant criteria for your visa application before submission.
Importing paper visa applications
To import an 'In Progress' paper application into ImmiAccount, you will need to enter the Application ID for your paper application which is recorded on your Acknowledgement Letter. If your Application ID begins with 'IRIS', you will not be able to import that application.
'In Progress' paper visa applications for the following visa subclasses can be imported into ImmiAccount.
- Resident Return visa (subclasses 155 and 157)
- Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (subclass 400)
- Working Holiday visa (subclass 417)
- Skilled - Recognised Graduate visa (subclass 476)
- Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
- Independent ELICOS Sector visa (subclass 570)
- Schools Sector visa (subclass 571)
- Vocational Education and Training visa (subclass 572)
- Higher Education Sector visa (subclass 573)
- Postgraduate Research Sector visa (subclass 574)
- Non Award Sector visa (subclass 575)
- Visitor visa (subclass 600).
Note: 'Finalised' applications cannot be imported into ImmiAccount.
Updating passport and address details
The following online forms are available in ImmiAccount:
- Change of passport details
- Change of address details
- Change of email address details.
These forms can be used to update details relating to an 'In progress' or 'Finalised' application in your ImmiAccount.
You can access the forms by opening your application in ImmiAccount and referring to the relevant hyperlinks in the 'Related Links' section at right of screen.
You can use the online 'Change of passport details' form to update your passport number, date of issue/expiry and issue authority/place. If you need to update your name, date of birth or passport country you must use Form 929 - Change of address and/or passport details (89KB PDF).
These online forms are not available for all application types in ImmiAccount. They are available for the following applications:
- Resident Return visa (155, 157)
- Points Based Skilled Migration visa (189, 190, 489) (if submitted after 22 August 2014)
- Provisional Skilled Regional visa (renewal) (489) (if submitted after 22 August 2014)
- Provisional Skilled Regional visa (subsequent entrant) (489) (if submitted after 22 August 2014)
- General Skilled Migration visa (applicant) (175, 176, 475, 476, 485, 487, 885, 886, 887)
- Migration to Australia by a Partner (300, 309/100, 820/801)
- Partner visa - Information for Permanent Stage Processing (100, 801)
- Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (400)
- Temporary Work Skilled visa (primary) (457)
- Temporary Work Skilled visa (subsequent entrant) (457)
- First Working Holiday visa (417)
- Second Working Holiday visa (417)
- Work & Holiday visa (462)
- Student Temporary visa (570, 571, 572, 573, 574, 575)
- Visitor visa (600)
- eVisitor (651)
- Tourist Offshore visa (676)
- Superyacht Crew visa (488)
- Maritime Crew visa (988).
If you are not able to use an online form, you can still access a range of fillable PDF forms from the 'Related Links' section of your application in ImmiAccount which can be completed and attached to an 'In progress' application.
Viewing correspondence in ImmiAccount
You can view the following correspondence in ImmiAccount:
- Acknowledgement of application received
- Request for more information/documents
- Biometric request letters
- Grant notifications
- Nomination and sponsorship approval notifications
- Withdrawal of application/nomination/sponsorship.
Correspondence will be sent to the email or postal address nominated in your application. You will only be able to view correspondence in your ImmiAccount if the email address in your application is the same as the email address used for your ImmiAccount. If you select 'No' to electronic communication, make a mistake in your email address or choose to use an authorised recipient or agent, you will not see correspondence relating to your application in your account.
Note: Most email programs now include an automatic spam filter. To ensure you receive all your correspondence from us, check your junk folder and add the immi.gov.au domain to your list of trusted and safe senders.
Help and support
Frequently asked questions
For more information use the ImmiAccount FAQs.
Quick reference guides
These quick reference guides have been updated in August 2014.
ImmiAccount – How to create an ImmiAccount (Individuals) (445KB PDF)
ImmiAccount – How to login to ImmiAccount (257KB PDF)
ImmiAccount – How to recover your username and/or password (726KB PDF)
ImmiAccount – How to update your ImmiAccount email address (306KB PDF)
ImmiAccount – How to edit your ImmiAccount given and/or family names (288KB PDF)
ImmiAccount – How to create a new application (292KB PDF)
ImmiAccount – How to submit an application for citizenship by descent (463KB PDF)
ImmiAccount – How to import a paper application (257KB PDF)
ImmiAccount – How to attach documents to an application (415KB PDF)
ImmiAccount – How to remove an application(214KB PDF)
ImmiAccount – How to send an application to another ImmiAccount holder (222KB PDF)
ImmiAccount – How to share an application with another ImmiAccount holder (217KB PDF)
ImmiAccount – How to update your application address details (463KB PDF)
ImmiAccount – How to update your application email address details (329KB PDF)
ImmiAccount – How to update your application passport details (432KB PDF)
These interactive guides were last updated in November 2013.
ImmiAccount (Client) – Interactive Guide
ImmiAccount (Client) – Interactive Guide (4.7 MB PDF)
ImmiAccount (Client) – Interactive Guide accessible script (1.7 MB PDF)
ImmiAccount (Agent/Organisation) – Interactive Guide
ImmiAccount (Agent/Organisation) – Interactive Guide (7.5 MB PDF)
ImmiAccount (Agent/Organisation) – Interactive Guide accessible script (2.6 MB PDF)
These demonstrations were last updated in November 2013.
Create an ImmiAccount
Create an ImmiAccount (1.1 MB PDF)
Create an ImmiAccount accessible script (278KB PDF)
Import Application (940KB PDF)
Import Application accessible script (267KB PDF)
Submit Application (777KB PDF)
Submit Application accessible script (266KB PDF)
Attach Documents (1.3 MB PDF)
Attach Documents accessible script (278KB PDF)
Manage Payments (1.2 MB PDF)
Manage Payments accessible script (207KB PDF)
Assign Applications (1 MB PDF)
Assign Applications accessible script (261KB PDF)